Monday, February 14, 2005

delivery

I do not know what I'd do if I did not receive real mail.

Today, PIEROGI PRESS, NO. 11, arrived. Eleven was guest edited by Rick Moody and with the chief edit herself Susan Swenson. As one would expect, another great production. Susan and Joe do nothing half way. The issue, dedicated to the spirit that infused Mark Lombardi's work is perfect bound, printed on quality stock, and covered with a screen of Martin Wilner's Making History: July 2004. Looking forward to some time with it.

And, in memory of Francis Crisley, I still receive THE CATHOLIC WORKER. One of its cover strories leads with the following: "On February 3, 2003, long-time Catholic Worker and Plowshares activist Ciaron O'Rielly and four other Catholic activists, Irish citizens Deirdre Clancy and Damien Moran, American Nuin Dunlop and Scotswomankaren Fallon (both of Irish extraction), in a challenge to law, custom and the consciences of the Irish people, breached security at Ireland's Shannon Airpor and did extensive damage to United States Navy transport plane en route to the Persian Gulf. Fully two years later, in an environment in which the fury of the US occupation of Iraq is preceived as little more than a sad fact, they will be tried in Dublin on March 7. The criminal damage charge potentially subjects them to up to ten years in prison. The action, its context and some ramifications are set out in what follows." I can always rely on the Worker for news. Get thee a subscription: Copies are a $.01 a piece. (That's not a typo) Write to 36 East First Street, NY, NY 10003.

Lastly, I did not say why I came back to this. Two reasons: I scanned the archives. I cringed at most of it, but I liked some of it. After thirteen months of googoogaga, I desperately need a place to go.

Canada phone cards India phone cards France phone cards Russia phone cards UK phone cards USA phone cards Bizon phone card Jupiter calling card Mozart calling card Continental calling card

Popular Posts